- The Adult Asperger Assessment
- Autism Behaviour Checklist (ABC)
- Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (ADI-R). A sample of this scale can be seen here.
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS)
- Autism Screening Instrument for Educational Planning: (ASIEP)
- Autism Spectrum Screening Questionnaire (ASSQ) -for 6-17 years.
- Australian Scale for Asperger Syndrome (ASAS) – 5 years or older.
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS)
- The Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT)
- Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders (DISCO): We both definitely feel that the training that we had in DISCO was very valuable in improving our skills in the assessment of autism. We strongly recommend this to any professionals undertaking assessment of autism. can be used for children and adults.
- Gilliam Autism Rating Scale (GARS)
- The Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT) – Useful for early screening (18 to 36 months).
- The Parent Interview for Autism-Clinical Version (PIA-CV)
- Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
- Diagnostic Options: A guide for health professionals: The National Autistic Society (NAS, UK) web page gives a list of instruments and where these could be purchased.
- Social Communication Questionnaire (SCQ) – 4 years or older
- Western Psychological Services (wps) gives a list of instruments including some from above in their autism page.
3 thoughts on “Rating scales and Checklists for Autism”
we are hailing from Hindupur (AP), 100km away from bangalore. My daughter aged 17yrs is an autistic child. We tried a lot for her and in urban areas like ours, there is no awareness and dealing mechanism about autism. At last we have decided to start a centre for autistic and intellectually challenged children with our own expenditure. We dosent need any financial assistance. We are in need of guidance, proper training and support. Kindly support us sir …
Many of the links are not working, Please upload the latest ones
Thanks for letting me know. Will update soon.