Please note: While we have taken care to select news from credible sources, listing the news here does not mean that we endorse all opinions and views expressed in those web sites.
Horticultural therapy for autism in Bangalore
A very exciting app development
Updated on 10 November 2013
Updated on 21 October 2013
Swimming instructor helps autistic child recover (I do believe that hydrotherapy is good for autism. Claims of curing autism – I always read it with an element of skepticism).
Autistic youth benefit from intensive job training (This news possibly assumes that the individuals are reasonably high functioning. Perhaps matching the job to the interest of the individual is what helps)
Updated on 26th May 2013
Link Between Epilepsy And Autism Found – Research from the University of Bath, England.
Autism: Sensory-Motor or Environmental Enrichment May Be Promising Approach – Research from American Psychological Association
How students with Asperger’s cope at university – Students with autism may struggle socially but, with the right support, many excel in their chosen fields.
Updated 02 February 2013
- Can you really CURE a child of autism? – An interesting article but it is important to remember that these are isolated reports. Let us hope we will get more evidence in this direction in future.
- Innovative Ways the Autism Community Uses iPads
- Genes responsible for autism disorders
- Supporting volunteers with Autism
Updated January 2013
Children outgrowing autism
- Can Children grow out of Autism?
- Another study pointing in the same direction as above
- Yet another news on children outgrowing autism.
- Research throws some light in to the neuro developmental process in autism.
- Intensive treatment most effective for children with high functioning autism.
- Being a victim of bullying and mental health in children with autism.
- News on genetics of autism
Autism reversible if detected early: Expert – A news item from Times of India. Quite a bold statement which does not reflect the complexity of the condition but quite rightly it does point to the need for early identification and right support for improving the skills and ability of the child to adjust to daily life and be successful.
He taps technology to help autistic kids –Must Read. A very interesting and inspiring story from Bangalore on inclusion of differently abled people.
Differently abled child needs special financial planning for a secured future – A very useful article on financial planning for children with disability.
Asperger’s: ‘This is our normal’ – A news from Guardian on a family of five with Asperger Syndrome.
Autism Severity May Stem from Fear – an interesting angle
Drama Therapy for Autism: Workshop Drama for Autism at Shrishti College of Design yelahanka on 1 December 2012 from 9 am to 10.30 am
Asperger: This is our normal – a news story in the Guardian on a family of five who all have Asperger syndrome
Compassion meditation may enhance empathic abilities.Barfi strikes emotional chord with Autistic kidsNew genetic test can predict risk for autismThis news from Bangalore is shocking. The only reassurance is that it happened a while ago. Hopefully situation must have improved by now. It does suggest Autism awareness training is desperately needed for people from all walks of life.Stem cell trial in AmericaTito from a news in America. It does show that the right support at the time can change things.